Using a high performance warm edge spacer system, Heritage Sealed Units™ are designed specially to meet the needs of the restoration and replication sectors where the overriding criterion is authenticity.
The flexible foam spacer is desiccant filled with pre-applied adhesive and multi-layer vapour barrier backing, this simplifies sealed unit manufacture yet enables slim sightlines and narrow unit cavities. The combination with hot melt secondary sealant provides excellent durability.
• First & currently the only company with passes on Heritage BS EN 1279 compliancy
• Neutral in appearance and blends with any frame finish for outstanding aesthetics
• Available with unit cavity options of 4mm, 6mm and 8mm
• Only 3mm in depth for ultra slim sightlines
Heritage Sealed Units™ offers the latest warm edge technology to replicate and even enhance original windows in traditional and historic buildings.
HERITAGE SEALED UNITS FEATURES
• Superior foam insulation
• Low thermal conductivity
• Substantially reduced condensation
FOAM SPACER FEATURES
• Excellent UV resistance
• Extreme temperature performance
• Fast dew point drop
• Excellent colour stability
• High desiccant content
• Smooth matte surface finish
• Neutral appearance
• Straight line application with 90° corners
Note: Glazing of Heritage Sealed Units ™ manufactured by JCL Glass Ltd should always be carried out in accordance with the recommendations of the Glass & Glazing federation. When glazing it is important to prevent the ingress of water into any rebate as to retain the integrity of the seal.
Heritage Sealed Units™ are NOT compatible with linseed oil putties and are recommended to be glazed with the following products: Hodgsons Heritage Putty & Hodgsons Silfix U9.